What about ?
A medieval castle, transformed into a pleasure residence. Discover its medieval crane, its cellars, its keep, its view on the plain and the mountains...
Built by the Counts of Forez with volcanic stones and pebbles, the castle defended an important passing area. It became more comfortable in the Renaissance.
- THE MUSEOGRAPHIC AREA It shows "The triumphant entries of the Kings of France". You can also try costumes.
- THE FOREZ POSTAL MUSEUM In the keep of the castle, it shows objects of the Post office, from 1870 to our days.
- THE SUMMER OF THE CASTLE Take part, with your family, in the life of the Knights ! 10 sundays from april to september, they camp in the castle. They fight, shoot with the catapult and play with the children. There are also, outdoor cinema, fireworks...
- MEDIEVAL GARDEN In the garden of the castle, discover the orchard, the kitchen garden, the pleasure garden and aromatics.
- Groups :
All year round, from 10 people (adults / school). 4 € TTC per person. The guided tour shows : the places and ways of life of a castle in the late Middle Ages / early Renaissance, the builders, the structure of the castle, the medieval meal, the museographic space.
Options : - visit of the Medieval Garden : orchard, kitchen garden, medicinal and aromatic plants, pleasure garden and flowers. Suppl. 1 € / pers. Allow 1 hour more.
- Individuals :
Visits and activities from Easter to September
- April / May : Sat, Sun, and bank holidays from 14:30 to 19:00.
- June / September : Wed, Sat., Sun. and bank holidays from 2.30pm to 7pm.
- July / August : every day except Tuesday from 14:30 to 19:00. The castle is closed on the day of the fireworks of the patronal festival (3rd Sunday of August) for security reasons.
- Prices :
— Free under 12 years accompanied
— 3,50 € full price
— 2 € reduced rate (12 to 18 years old, students, job applicants)
- The days of medieval animations :
— 5 € full price
— 3,50 € reduced price
- Contact information :
Castle of Montrond-les-Bains, promenade Marguerite d’Albon, BP 47, 42210 Montrond-les-Bains.
— Groups : 04 77 06 91 91 / contact lesforeziales.fr
— Individuals : 04 77 94 64 74 / contact paysdesaintgalmier.fr
— Home (on opening days) : 04 77 94 50 31